Tuesday, July 11, 2006
SEVERE WEATHER: Viewer Comments #2
Mr. Johnson-
I am writing to applaud you on the wonderful job you and your
weather team do during severe weather. Currently I am a Meteorology major at
The Pennsylvania State University, but I reside in Niles. I constantly check out
your radar while I am at school to see what is happening back home during
severe weather and I must say that I love it! Yesterday, I tuned in during the severe weather to see the coverage and thought that you all did an awesome job. As a Meteorologist (or in my case a Meteorology student), one of the things that concerns me most is the safety of the viewers. I was reading through the weather blog yesterday and was very disappointed that some people were upset that you had cut in to regularly scheduled programming due to tornado warnings. Need they be
reminded about the 1985 tornado outbreak and the F5 that went through Newton Falls,
Lordstown, and Niles? By cutting into programming you are giving your viewers time to
get to safety. Life isn't about watching Deal or No Deal especially when you
are dealing with safety of your life. You have many viewers who are thankful for
your severe weather coverage, however you have the few that feel television
shows are more important than the safety of viewing area residents. Please continue to keep up the great severe weather coverage. One day those who are not thankful for it now will be biting their tongues.
Sincerely,
Jessica L. Stumpf
Secretary/Treasurer- Penn State University Campus Weather
Service
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the Power of 5 meteorologists did a great job on Monday July 10th with severe weather coverage. Keeping people safe is number 1 priority. People need to not worry about there tv shows that do nothing for them. The weather effects our lives a lot. By watching severe weather coverage you can be saving your life from tornado's. Also great job with the online coverage also. It was
great! Please keep up the great work online and on the air. Eric in Green
I am writing to applaud you on the wonderful job you and your
weather team do during severe weather. Currently I am a Meteorology major at
The Pennsylvania State University, but I reside in Niles. I constantly check out
your radar while I am at school to see what is happening back home during
severe weather and I must say that I love it! Yesterday, I tuned in during the severe weather to see the coverage and thought that you all did an awesome job. As a Meteorologist (or in my case a Meteorology student), one of the things that concerns me most is the safety of the viewers. I was reading through the weather blog yesterday and was very disappointed that some people were upset that you had cut in to regularly scheduled programming due to tornado warnings. Need they be
reminded about the 1985 tornado outbreak and the F5 that went through Newton Falls,
Lordstown, and Niles? By cutting into programming you are giving your viewers time to
get to safety. Life isn't about watching Deal or No Deal especially when you
are dealing with safety of your life. You have many viewers who are thankful for
your severe weather coverage, however you have the few that feel television
shows are more important than the safety of viewing area residents. Please continue to keep up the great severe weather coverage. One day those who are not thankful for it now will be biting their tongues.
Sincerely,
Jessica L. Stumpf
Secretary/Treasurer- Penn State University Campus Weather
Service
Hello, I just wanted to let you know that the Power of 5 meteorologists did a great job on Monday July 10th with severe weather coverage. Keeping people safe is number 1 priority. People need to not worry about there tv shows that do nothing for them. The weather effects our lives a lot. By watching severe weather coverage you can be saving your life from tornado's. Also great job with the online coverage also. It was
great! Please keep up the great work online and on the air. Eric in Green
Posted at 7:43 PM by Mark Johnson
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home