Wednesday, August 17, 2005
DEAR WEWS WEATHER TEAM:
WEWS,
I stopped watching your local news about 4 years ago, and I was just reminded
why. I was just watching ABC national news when you cut in with a
tornado warning. You kept showing the radar image over and over and kept
babbling on. I know this because I changed the channel to NBC, and kept
changing back periodically to see if you had stopped. Once when I switched
back you also had a "crawler" at the top of the screen along with the
smaller map of Ohio, all superimposed over the local radar. Are you insane?
Do you really think belaboring a warning by repeatedly showing the radar
does any good? Do you want me to give up on ABC news as well?" - Dale Pulver
[MARK'S RESPONSE:
Dale,
Obviously, by reading your e-mail, our friends over at the local NBC affiliate stayed with NATIONAL programming during a LOCAL SEVERE WEATHER EMERGENCY. Hmmmmm. Obviously, we take weather VERY seriously here at WEWS. Tornado warnings are the top priority when it comes to severe weather information. We stay on the air until the danger has passed. Simple as that! No other station is as committed and the numbers prove it! According to AC Nielson, more Northern Ohioans tune to us during severe weather than to any other local news station! Whether you agree with our weather coverage or not, you now know where to turn when the weather turns foul in your neighbourhood! Thanks for writing in! - Mark Johnson]
I stopped watching your local news about 4 years ago, and I was just reminded
why. I was just watching ABC national news when you cut in with a
tornado warning. You kept showing the radar image over and over and kept
babbling on. I know this because I changed the channel to NBC, and kept
changing back periodically to see if you had stopped. Once when I switched
back you also had a "crawler" at the top of the screen along with the
smaller map of Ohio, all superimposed over the local radar. Are you insane?
Do you really think belaboring a warning by repeatedly showing the radar
does any good? Do you want me to give up on ABC news as well?" - Dale Pulver
[MARK'S RESPONSE:
Dale,
Obviously, by reading your e-mail, our friends over at the local NBC affiliate stayed with NATIONAL programming during a LOCAL SEVERE WEATHER EMERGENCY. Hmmmmm. Obviously, we take weather VERY seriously here at WEWS. Tornado warnings are the top priority when it comes to severe weather information. We stay on the air until the danger has passed. Simple as that! No other station is as committed and the numbers prove it! According to AC Nielson, more Northern Ohioans tune to us during severe weather than to any other local news station! Whether you agree with our weather coverage or not, you now know where to turn when the weather turns foul in your neighbourhood! Thanks for writing in! - Mark Johnson]
Posted at 9:44 PM by Mark Johnson
0 Comments:
<< Home